Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Last of Day of Autumn

For me, Thanksgiving marks the end of autumn and the beginning of winter - even though it has been snowing here since before Halloween! I am back today to share a couple of final fall projects before the Christmas crafting officially begins. My favorite! 

I recently impulse purchased the new Fa La Llama layering set from Hero Arts, so that set will be among the first I use for Christmas projects. It is so hilarious - I can't wait to try it out! Of course, I have a couple of the gorgeous new sets from Stampin' Up too!

BUT, first I wanted to share a couple of autumn cards I've had hanging around my desk waiting to be photographed for a while! When I saw that Echo Park had a new set of stamps last year to accompany their fall scrapbooking collection with THIS FOX:



How could I resist? He went on my birthday list right away. This sweet little fella will be a staple in my collection from now on!

This stamp set came with so many cute critters, and I couldn't wait to color them all. For the second project, I tinted some embossing paste with burnt orange reinker and spread it through a Prima background stencil. How cute is this little bear? I layered the owl on a Papertrey Ink bookmark die as a cute fall gift for one of my piano students who always has a book with her when she comes to lessons. 




While I had my Copics and tinted embossing paste out, I decided to color this cute digital fall fairy stamp from my stash and create another stenciled textured background. I wish I could remember the source of this adorable free digital stamp, but I have had it so long the site escapes me. I am very grateful to the artist!


I made the shaker element for this card by creating a pocket with my Fuse Tool and filling it with colorful confetti. A little bit of gold thread and a strip of card stock with a white heat embossed sentiment finished this fun thank you card off!

Thanks for stopping by today! Next on the agenda - Christmas crafts. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment