Wednesday, November 21, 2018

An Old Technique Worth Sharing!

I am on an extra long card kick right now, and the lovely fall colors outside my piano studio window inspired today's card. While I love using all of the new products that are always coming out in the paper crafting world, I also love the stuff I already have. (That's why I bought it after all!) 

These fall leaves from years ago were perfect for the technique I had in mind for this card. I wanted to create some beautiful fall colors with lots of variety and an interesting background.




I created the card base to fit a long envelope - about 9 1/2" by 4 1/4" or so - and stamped a background with a large woodgrain stamp. Then I got to work on the main panel, sponging heavy coats of several shades of yellow, orange, red, and violet all over white card stock. Then I clear embossed my leaf and swirl pattern over the top. I inked the heck out of the whole panel in dark brown to achieve the final result. Here is a photo of the work in progress:



I finished VERY inky but very happy with the final result: a not-too-feminine birthday card for my darling hubby. I will definitely be recreating this design again! It was so much fun!




Thanks for stopping by today! We are now into freezing temps here as usual by Thanksgiving. That means Christmas crafting is right around the corner! My favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment