Monday, November 19, 2018

Another Fall Birthday

Pretty much ALL of my family members have birthdays in the fall, so I spend a lot of time each autumn creating special birthday cards for each of them. I have a wonderful family, and all of them live nearby, so we usually gather for one mega-giant birthday party around Halloween. This year my duties with the music teachers non-profit I have been working with kept us from having our party on schedule, but I still wanted to create some special cards.

This Painted Harvest stamp from Stampin' Up creates the MOST beautiful sunflowers, leaves, and acorns quickly and easily, so I paired some DSP I had left over from last fall with another extra long card base (9 1/2" x 4 1/4").



I added a crinkled seam binding bow, a little touch of gold glitter paper, and some gold thread, nestled around this lovely birthday sentiment from Butterfly Basics. This card fit (rather snugly) in a long coin envelope.

Sometimes I get one card design stuck in my head for a while, and I have to play with it over and over! I'll be back to share one more long and tall birthday card soon using a technique I had long forgotten about!

No comments:

Post a Comment