Sunday, November 18, 2018

Long and Tall Fall Cards

I love card making. LOVE IT. Creating something beautiful in a small package for someone special is so relaxing, and I need this little bit of introvert time to process all the events of the week. Fall is my favorite season, so I've had a lot of fun recently making some fall themed birthday cards for my family. 

I decided to do a couple of long (or tall) birthday cards over the last few weeks that fit in long coin envelopes. This card is about 9 1/2 inches long and 4 1/4 inches tall. 




I stamped the background with a large woodgrain stamp. The main panel is stamped on cream card stock with a retired Stampin' Up set called French Foliage - maybe my favorite leaf set EVER! I used a sponge dauber to vary the colors of the leaves and add some interest. I tucked some leaf die cuts behind my sentiment with some gold thread, which I patted with Versamark and embossed in gold.


This birthday card is for an extra special person, so I put an extra special sentiment inside! I die cut the amazing out of the background cream card stock and inset a rust colored card stock to match the colors on the front.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment