Saturday, September 15, 2018

Interior Shadow Box Cards

Hi, friends!

Today I would like to share a project that I taught for our last Stamp Club meeting in September. This design was inspired by a video by Jennifer McGuire on YouTube, which contains all of the instructions and dimensions for this project. I recommend that you check it out her video here, which contains clear directions for this project and some adorable inspiration projects. Jennifer is one of my favorite crafty Youtubers, and her projects are always incredible!

I decided to use the new Stampin' Up set called Seize the Day for this project since it features a fun outdoor scene that is great for creating a shadow box effect. I stamped a simple design on the front of the card using my stitched shapes dies, but the inside of this card is where the magic really happens!





The fun 3-D effect this card creates is perfect for any kind of scene. Change it up by altering the shape of the opening: This card is adorable with a square or even label-shaped aperture.




The sentiment from this card comes from the gorgeous "Distinktive" stamp set from Stampin' Up called Healing Hugs. While I had all of my supplies out, I created a second design using this set and this fun card fold.



These "distinktive" sets create a really beautiful effect when sponged with additional colors with sponges or daubers, and I have a lot more ideas for fun scenes I can create with this fun card fold! With the winter holidays approaching, how fun would a snow scene look with this design?

Hope you're having a wonderful fall season wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment