Friday, November 23, 2018

Christmas Critters!

I ADORE creating scene cards, but winter scenes are absolutely 100% my favorite! I have had these cute critter cards in my stash waiting to be photographed forever, and now that it's finally the Christmas season it's time to dust them off!

The first card uses an adorable stamp set from Mama Elephant called A Beary Christmas. These little bears are SO adorable, and I had so much fun creating this cute scene!



The scene background was created with distress ink painted onto watercolor paper with an aqua painter. I splattered and dabbed off some drops of water for interest, and then got to work building my scene with the Lawn Fawn stitched hillside dies, some cute little trees from Purple Onion Designs, and my cute little bear family. I used shades of various soft brown Copics for these cuties and then hand cut them out to avoid the white border dies can leave.

My second project was created using the same adorable bears and some more trees from Purple Onion Designs. (Stacey Yacula has some AMAZING scene building stamps if you like to create scenes like I do!) 


After my background was dry, I heat embossed my sentiment and some snowflakes, and I swiped some embossing paste over the lower section of the card and sprinkled it with glitter and faux snow. Of course my little bears create all the magic here!

If you love critters as much as I do, Winter Woodland Wonders by Avery Elle might be right up your alley too! This set features cute animals, along with birch trees and an adorable snowman. 


I had so much fun creating this card background with painted on distress inks! Before the ink was dry, I sprinkled salt all over the surface and let it dry completely. This technique gives watercolor such a neat texture! Then I die cut some stars out and ran the background through my Big Shot with a snowy embossing folder. I layered the background over silver glitter paper and then layered my stitched hillside over the top, along with my polar bear and trees. I love how this sweet card turned out!

My last critter card today is a case from a beautiful card designed by Melania Deasy. Sometimes I just want to pull out my supplies and get to work, and the day I created this card was one of those days! 


I made my version with a distress ink painted background and some brighter pastel colors because that is just who I am! :) The little rabbit in this stamp set is just about the cutest thing EVER!

I am so excited to share tons of Christmas projects using old and new products over the coming weeks. Stay warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment