Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Kitties!!!

I am totally a cat person, so when I saw the set called I Knead You from My Favorite Things at Simon Says Stamp, it went on my birthday list right away! I actually made this project last fall, but I realized as I was going through photos on my computer that there are a lot of things I haven't shared here on my blog. Time has been short this year, but some of these are my very favorite projects of all time! I may stick a few of these projects in over the coming months when creating time is short.

I decided to make a set of cards using this set with some new stencils I got from Stampin' Up, along with their new (at the time) embossing paste. One of the stencils has a brick wall, and so I created some scene cards that remind me of coming home after a long day to see my own kitty sitting in the window waiting for me! Tinting the embossing paste with a few drops of red reinker created just the effect I was hoping for. 





As everyone who follows me knows, I ADORE scene cards and all things minature, so I had to insert some acetate "glass" behind my window die cuts to give these projects a little extra pizzazz. I am absolutely DYING remembering how much fun these were to create, and I think I may have to break these out again and create some more adorable kitties!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope these warm summer days have offered some opportunities for sunbathing for you as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment