Sunday, July 29, 2018

Very Vintage Birthday

Some of my favorite new products in the 2018-2019 annual catalog bring back my most loved paper crafting style of all time: Vintage! I was so happy when I opened the catalog and saw that distressed wood, florals, and tea room prints were back with an updated style!

One of my favorite new sets in the catalog is the hostess set called Very Vintage. This set features a gorgeous rose motif and several coordinating images that are just lovely. 

For today's project I used the Very Vintage hostess set combined with one of my favorite paper packs EVER, the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper pack.




I created the background for this card by sponging the doily stamp from Very Vintage with Melon Mambo and Peekaboo Peach ink and stamping on white woodgrain paper from the Wood Textures DSP pack. For the oval sentiment, I stamped the rose image twice in Melon Mambo without reinking to create a shadow effect.  I pulled out my now-retired Butterfly Basics set to add some Mint Macaron accent leaves, the birthday sentiment, and the black line image to help balance the design. I layered the sentiment oval over a die cut Mint Macaron label, and added a scrap of cotton trim and gold sequin trim for texture.

My favorite part of this card is the gold embossed vellum bees I added for texture. They catch the light so well and really complete the vintage look of this design. Remember to use your embossing buddy to reduce static when embossing on vellum.

I hope this card give you some inspiration, and I hope that summer is bringing joy and warmth to your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment