Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sheltering Tree Bookmark Card

Sometimes a card is perfect all on its own, and sometimes a little something extra is needed for an extra special person! I found this fun inspiration from Debbie Henderson on YouTube, and I just had to give it a try! 




This card opens to reveal both a sentiment and a perforated bookmark that the recipient can tear off and use.




I have had a perforated strip die from Papertrey Ink in my stash for  a good long while but just couldn't seem to riddle out a way to use it on this card! The die is more than 6" long, and this card requires a full 11" width of cardstock, so I couldn't seem to figure out how to run it through my narrow Big Shot. Of course, I finally figured out that I could create all my score lines and fold the card over on itself to run it through my machine facing the right direction without it being too wide. The die did leave some indentations on the card front, but after applying all the layers, this really wasn't visible at all.




I created these lovely watercolor-style trees with Stampin Up's Sheltering Tree stamp set, and the sun and clouds from the now retired Sunshine and Rainbows stamp set from the 2018 Occasions Catalog. The sentiment on the belly band comes from the Tin of Tags Christmas set, but any medium to large sentiment would work!

I layered three shades of green: Garden Green, Old Olive, and Lemon Lime Twist, on a Garden Green Card base with a tiny border of Lemon Lime Twist to create a summery feel. 



I hope this card brings joy and sunshine to the life of someone special!

No comments:

Post a Comment