Friday, July 27, 2018

More Birthday Fun!

It's always sad when my favorite sets retire from the Stampin' Up catalog, and this year two of the retiring sets were among my very favorite for creating birthday cards for kids. I am the proud auntie of several really adorable nephews and nieces, and I love making fun cards for their birthdays since they live far away. 

The first card was inspired by Sandi MacIver on Pinterest. This design was so sweet I decided to add matching tags and create several variations using these adorable birthday animals! The cards feature fun honeycomb balloons that the recipients can open after the cards are mailed.




The second design is among my most ambitious scene cards in a long time. Even though the cover of this card doesn't contain a lot of elements, the sponging, stamping, and fussy cutting took me a good long time. The interior pop and twist mechanism was much less time consuming, but creates a truly magical surprise when the card is opened!




I absolutely adore making fun cards for kids, so these projects made me smile for a long time! I hope you are having a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment