Friday, July 27, 2018

Catching Up with Colorful Birthdays!

Summer is a fantastic time to craft up some colorful birthday fun for all the colorful, fun people in my life! When I feel low on inspiration, Pinterest can usually offer up some fun designs and ideas for sets I already own, and whether I use just the colors in the design ideas I find, or just the layout - or both - I'm always grateful for the inspiration!

This design was originally posted by Rochelle Blok. I loved the color combo and imagery so much I created a second version using these cute noise makers! Nothing makes me happier than bright blues, greens, and pinks!





After hearing mixed reviews on the user-friendliness of this roller coaster die, I was pretty nervous to try it out. After making this card, I will freely admit that this one IS hard to use. In fact I'm pretty convinced that this is due to a design flaw in the die itself. When I moved the score line created by the die up a 1/4 of an inch, all my problems disappeared, and I was finally able to get this cute pop-up to work. This die is not for the faint of heart, but the effect really is adorable! I used the color inspiration I found in Rochelle's design on this project as well.




For the third card, I used the same color inspiration featuring foil paper and a fun birthday balloon. I ended up making six of this design in various coordinating color schemes. Since I have two teenage daughters with lots of friends who have lots of birthdays, having a simple birthday card on hand can be a life saver!





The last card I'll share today was inspired by a layout I found by Amy O'Neill. I replaced the bicycle Amy used as the focal point on her card and copic colored this adorable llama instead. This cute patterned paper by Paper Studio creates a fun fiesta card!



I hope you have had a warm and colorful summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment