Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Congrats on Your New Roost

Do you love the challenge of rummaging through your stamp stash to find a long-neglected set that you can pull out and breath fresh life into? Even though many blogs exist to promote current products, I find it just as enjoyable to pull out stamps I've loved a lot for a long time to try to create fresh ideas. After all, I chose these sets because I loved them, and I still do! 

One of these sets is the Hey, Chick set that Stampin' Up offered during their Sale-a-Bration promotion in 2017. I combined this set with some sentiments and images from my On the Farm set from Papertrey Ink to create this adorable project.



I stamped the bottom of my background with the checkerboard stamp from On the Farm, and then pulled out a chicken wire embossing folder and embossed the top part of my card panel. I cut long strips of patterned paper from my scrap box, layered them at a diagonal, and trimmed them off at the edges. I found a stamp set in my stash that looks like a stitched line and layered that on one of the strips to pull some more red into the design. I colored this cute chickee with Intense Pencils from Derwent. 


Of course this card needed a matching envelope, so I used some silhouette images from On the Farm to jazz up a plain vanilla one. I am thrilled with how this design turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment