Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy Birthday, Gorgeous!

The beautiful new birthday set from Stampin' Up called Happy Birthday, Gorgeous is absolutely stunning, and pairing the lovely floral imagery with the coordinating foil designer series paper creates a really winning combination!

I love bright colors, and I was really inspired by the projects in the annual catalog for these products. I used the examples as a starting point and then added by own twist, of course!


This project was inspired by a gift box using this set in the annual catalog, but I went with a card instead. I used the same overall layout and added a crinkled seam binding bow to the top for a little extra girliness. I think I actually dyed this ribbon using Rich Razzleberry ink, but the color gradations coordinated with Berry Burst just perfectly! I wanted my Smoky Slate sentiment to be nice and thick, so I actually cut three sentiments and layered them with Stampin' Up's new adhesive sheets. This added extra dimension to my sentiment and really made it stand out in real life.


The second card was inspired by a tag in the annual catalog. I used the orange foil paper and a tiny bow. These are so cute!!


I had to finish off my card trio with a shaker! I have tons of pink sequins in my stash, so a Powder Pink and Berry Burst color combination worked out wonderfully for this project. What a cheerful card this one turned out to be!

Thanks for visiting today, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment