Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Surprise Birthday Delivery

Have you seen the Birthday Delivery stamp set, coordinating dies, and coordinating paper yet? This bundle gave me my first real *gasp* as I flipped through the Stampin' Up catalog for the first time. The animals are the superstars of this set, but my first card idea uses the cute little pastry chef and adorable birthday cakes from the DSP. This set features an adorable hodgepodge of characters, including a chef, forest animals, vintage little girl, and a random poodle. All are incredibly adorable!


Because this card features a fun surprise inside, I had to create a belly band to keep it closed. Every sentiment on the project is stamped in black and then in sugar and spice embossing powder so the whole thing smells like cake. I kid you not.

Here's the card front:



And here's the fun surprise!




The pop-up mechanism for this card is as basic as it gets. Cut your card interior to size and then fold in half. Trim on the folded side to create one or more "steps" that hold elements you want to pop up. This technique takes 5 minutes but adds such a fun twist to a basic card!

I had a blast creating this project, and I can't wait to explore all the other unique elements in this bundle. 

Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment