Friday, April 7, 2017

Spring Flowers

Spring is in the air, and so is my love for girly spring colors! Even though 2/3 of my wardrobe is black or gray, I seem to love pastels in my paper crafting. (Do you have a paper crafting alter ego, or is it just me?)

During a recent watercolor kick, I decided to try some stamping effects on watercolor paper, and I love the results! (As my crafting companions know, this is not always a guarantee!)



I used Papertrey Ink's Brushed Blooms for this card and decided to try the stamp spritzing technique. I stamped the base in Calypso Coral ink after spritzing the inked stamp with water and repeated the top layer in Rose Red. The leaves are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Lucky Limeade - also spritzed with water before stamping. I added some additional water with a water brush to spread the color a bit more and then dried thoroughly. The greeting was stamped with watermark ink and embossed in gold. I added a few gold flecks with Tattered Angel spray to finish the center oval off.

For the card background, I scored vertical lines every 1/2 inch to create a diamond pattern and added a drop of pink Perfect Pearls to the intersection of every set of lines. 

This was a fun technique, and I think it lends itself especially well to solid floral images. I hope you'll give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment