Tuesday, April 11, 2017

More Birthday Color!

Many of my daughters' friends have birthdays in the spring, so I'm busy stocking up on some brightly colored birthday cards for a group of fun, energetic, kind young teens. I am so grateful for this group of amazing girls!

I passed the Sweet Cupcake stamps and dies in the annual Stampin' Up catalog a hundred times before I gave them a look. For whatever reason, they weren't "my style" and didn't grab my eye. I was looking to add to my birthday stamps recently and wanted a set with some larger images, so I decided to pick the bundle up with some rewards I had earned. OH MY WORD. The catalog does not do this set justice. In person, the results are show stopping. 


The best part about this set might be its ease of use. Even though the cupcake and frosting each have three steps, they are a breeze to line up. I used Blushing Bride for steps 1 and 2 on my frosting and Strawberry Slush for step 3, and the dimension is incredible in real life! For the cake, I used So Saffrom for Step 1, Daffodil Delight for step 2, and Crushed Curry for step 3. The dies also come with some great extras that make them a great value.

Lesson learned! Don't judge a stamp by its catalog page alone!

While I was at it, I decided to pull out an old favorite and recreate a card I've made many times for many birthdays! This z-fold card is fun and easy, and the birthday balloons in Celebrate today look great in a variety of color schemes!


I would love to know about your favorite all-time birthday designs! What sets (retired or current) do you find yourself returning to over and over? 

No comments:

Post a Comment