Saturday, April 15, 2017

May is for Mother's Day!

My monthly challenge for my Facebook craft group this month is creating a Mother's Day project since May will be here before we know it, so I thought I would share this challenge on my blog too! I love creating projects for my mom and my mom-in-law because they both love something that I love too: beautiful blooms and gardens! They are both kind, generous, selfless women who mean the world to me.

My mom-in-law's card was created with bright colors and tons of flowers! This little set came as a freebie for Sale-a-Bration last year, and it is tiny but mighty! It creates beautiful backgrounds and focal points.


My mom is an avid gardener, so for her card I cased the glassine envelope project from page 112 of the Stampin' Up annual catalog and created a pocket card. This Butterfly Basics set was on my list for a long time, and I know it will become a staple in my stash! I added a few of my own touches to the envelope (if I'm honest, some of my "touches" were added to cover up whoopsies. Whoopsie!) I added a flat panel inside where I added some more butterflies and a sentiment. 



Mint Macaron is a new addition to my color collection, and it is a stunning blue/green!

Here's a cheer for all the moms out there! I'll add a cheer for all the sisters, aunties, grandmas, and strong women in my life who teach me daily lessons and serve as incredible role models for my daughters. Thanks for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment