Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sponged Sunrise

     Hi, everyone! Today I want to share a clean and simple project inspired by Paula Dobson and her blog, stampinantics.blogspot.com. I have been replenishing my stash of birthday cards over the last few weeks, and I have particularly been working on a few that will work for dads, brothers, and husbands!

     When I saw Paula's delicate sponged background that resembled the morning sun glowing through trees, I just had to try it. After I finished the first card, I realized this design would work well for a sympathy card, so I made one while I had my supplies out.


     Now, I must admit that when I was finished I had a moment of realization that my sunlit dawn or twilight had a bit of a forest fire smoke tinge, but maybe because living in the mountains makes this yellow haze a regular part of our summer experience. :) I only hope the recipient doesn't notice ... and next time I'll use a little less brown ink around the edges.

     I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment