Monday, October 19, 2015

Apothecary Art Revisited and the Magic of Tags!

     This week I had fun revisiting an old favorite of mine, the Apothecary Art stamp set from Stampin' Up. This lovely feminine set of stamps and dies used to be one I used all the time, but it's been a while since I played with it. 

     This card design was inspired by Heather Klump at hlkdownstairsdesigns@blogspot.com. I used some old designer series paper for the background, but I wanted the main focal image to be a tag that functioned as its own decorative element. Tags are easy and fun to create with, and they can be used for both gifts and card fronts.


     I cut the tag from Naturals Ivory card stock and stamped the background with my Dictionary stamp in black. I had fun watercoloring the flowers with Real Red ink and then layering several of them twice for dimension. I glossy coated the butterfly and the raised flowers for a little pop that draws the eye.

     I know I will use this tag design again because changing the color of the flowers and butterfly can make this element work with any background! Of course this would also make a lovely removal bookmark or gift tag.

     Thanks so much for visiting my blog! If you're new, leave a comment and say hello! (Even if you're not new, for that matter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment