Sunday, May 5, 2013

Little Darlings Mini Album

  When I found out my cousin was having twins, I was just over the moon! All babies are special, but since my experience as a mom has been completely in pairs, I have a special affinity for multiple little bundles of joy and the special moms who *wink* survive them.

  When I had my twins, there were a lot of experiences I had that were so unique. Capturing these in a traditional baby book wasn't quite enough. I did one book for each girl, but there are things about being a mom of twins that can't be captured in a traditional book designed for singletons. Too much of the experience is shared between the babies for a single book to ever capture that relationship.

  When I learned of the impending boy-girl set of twins and saw Graphic 45's Little Darlings collection, I hatched a plan. (This plan has been many months in the executing and now the little darlings are more than a month old!) 

  I decided to make a gate-fold mini album with one "side" for each baby (the side with the pink binding for baby girl and the blue side for baby boy), along with journaling cards and spaces that could be shared between them and relate to the special circumstances that only multiple families experience. Here are some photos of the end result:




I fussy cut and popped out some of the elements on the cover and highlighted them with glossy accents. The baby on the cover overlaps the center break in the album.



The inside cover has space for each baby's name and essentials. I wanted to use standard photos sizes, so the 4x6 photo mats overlap with one for each baby.



Each side has pockets and flaps to tuck wallet photos and journaling spots for each baby. The inside back is green with space for shared photos and experiences.



The pocket pages hold double sided journaling tags. Some have a section for each baby, and some relate to both. 

This project really was a labor of love, and I hope my sweet cousin and her new family enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! What a thoughtful and special gift! She is going to love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete