Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hello, My Name is Awesome

  Hi, friends! I've been messing around in my craft room some lately, even when I should be practicing for three performances I have coming up. Work is always there, but 30 minutes in the craft room? I've got to make the time for my own mental health.

  Last week I shared a summer mini I made with Simple Stories Simply Fresh collection, and I had a few scraps left over to play with in the days following. Here's what I came up with:




  I have to admit I'm a big fan of the collage trend that's going on right now. (The thrill of my whole week was finding out that Stampin' Up is coming out with it's own take on the Smash Book craze using its own colors, washi tapes, etc.!) For this card I used a variety of fussy cut shapes from the collection, a Little Yellow Bicycle button, some baker's twine, rub-ons, and my Beautiful Wings embosslits die. I cut some banners from scrap paper and layered my patterned paper over my soon-to-be-discontinued favorite shade of green, Lucky Limeade. This honeycomb embossing folder is just my new favorite. Holy smokes.

 In the spirit of not avoiding other work I should be doing, off I go! Have a lovely weekend, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Here I really am :) Super cute and springy card! I love the colors and that embossing folder is great!!

    ReplyDelete