Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Really, Really, {Really} Tiny Mini Album

     Hi, everyone! Today I want to share a super fun project I just finished! It's a tiny (and I mean tiny) little paper bag mini album using My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Sunshine paper pack. This little guy measures 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 with a card stock binding and chipboard cover. I based this album on a technique I learned from Susie at Creative Cafe, the absolute queen of creative and fun mini albums. If you're a mini album lover, check out her blog and Youtube channel as she generously shares amazing tutorials all the time. Thank you, Susie!


     I used the smallest size kraft paper bags from Michael's as the base for this album. Although it's tiny, this album has a lot of space with room for 17 wallet size photos and a number of journaling tags. Let the fun begin!


     The cover is embellished with paper from the collection, some Recollections gems, crochet trim, and some embossed, painted and sanded metal flashing tape. I used black rose trim to cover my binding and a ribbon with velcro attached as a closure.


     This page has a pull-out mini tag, a pocket, and a flip book that holds three photos. Each page has a pull-out tag inside the envelope for even more photos and journaling.


     This page is decorated with an epoxy sticker, some more Recollections gems, and some Prima flowers.


     This little tag has a sewing theme to go with the vintage sewing machine. My favorite!


     Another photo mat, pocket, and mini journaling tag ...



     This page has another flip book that holds two photos with a pocket and tag on the other side.


     The back is decorated with more paper from the collection and more strips of flashing tape.

     This little album started a whole rash of inspiration, so I'll be sharing more little albums soon! What a fun gift for a special someone on a special day! I can't wait to gift this one!

     Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!

1 comment: