Sunday, August 5, 2012

Prima Sun Kiss

     Hi, friends! I'm back today to share a few projects I've been working on lately. June's kit from My Creative Scrapbook featured the summery line Sun Kiss by Prima. I tend to avoid all things sunflower (I'm not sure why other than to say they're just not "me"), but I really enjoyed creating some layouts with this kit. I tried to focus less on the pervasive sunflower theme and more on the fun summery colors the kit features.


     My first layout uses some of the super cute chipboard pieces and fun blues, yellows, and oranges. This sunny photo of my daughter captures her wonderful gap-toothed stage so sweetly. Even though I'm sure we'll have to straighten her teeth one day, I want to remember her sweet little girl smile forever.


      The sketch comes from the June issue of Scrapbook 365, a UK-based publication that features some absolutely GORGEOUS layouts. If you've never seen this mag, you can check out their site here. It's absolutely my favorite scrapbooking magazine!

     I also wanted to do a clean and simple layout (gasp, I know!) featuring my daughter's first pair of glasses. It was a challenge for me not to embellish this layout to pieces, but I resisted and used a pair of die cut glasses with some button eyes and my title as a focal point.


We've been enjoying our summer to the fullest, and I hope you have been too! See you soon, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, these layouts have such sweet pictures of the girls!! The summery colors of the paper are perfect for the sun shining off of Olivia's hair! I also love the glasses on Sophie's layout! So cute!

    ReplyDelete