Saturday, August 11, 2012

Once Upon a Sketch August Challenge

     Hi, friends! I'm back with another Halloween project to share, this time inspired by the Once Upon a Sketch Challenge for August on the theme "Season." I chose autumn for my season and some funny photos of my brother from a Halloween party we had a while back. Asa radiates fun, so I wanted to celebrate his awesome sense of humor in this layout. Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it:


   I had lots of fun with this one! It uses the Hocus Pocus Line from Pink Paislee and some K&Co scraps from my stash. I used the Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge to create the fences, title, and gravestones along with some little accessories from the paper collection. The transparency sheets in this collection were a blast, and they've gotten a lot of mileage in my projects already.

   I hope you'll play along with Once Upon a Sketch as well! Their blog always has oodles of inspiration. Thanks for stopping by, my friends!

10 comments:

  1. He he this one's really so funny! What a unique take on the challenge, well done! lots of great bits and bobs here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so so so cute! Definitely a unique take :) I love all the cute cutouts and of course, Asa looks awesome as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such an interesting take on the sketch and the autumn theme! the pic's are very funny!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun!! I really love that you've added the circular photos :)~ thanks so much for sharing it with us @ OUAS!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your fun Halloween LO.. fab embellishments and cute pics!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a fun Halloween layout. I love that you incorporated non-square photos in your layout too - they add a fun twist to your layout design. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun is this Jessica! Great Halloween photos! Thanks for joining along with OUSC :) Please consider turning off the CAPTCHA feature. It makes commenting twice as long. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout, so fun and bright, love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, how fun!!! Love all those great halloween details, so neat!!! Great job with our sketch, so glad you joined us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, full of fun page! Thanks for playing along with OUAS:-)

    ReplyDelete