Sunday, August 12, 2012

Halloween Mini Album Fun!

     Last fall I purchased the adorable Hocus Pocus line by Pink Paislee from Scrapbook Steals, and I've been saving it for the perfect project. Another tutorial by the incomparable and generous Susie at Creative Cafe inspired me to try this fun paper bag mini album. I'd like to share some highlights, and I hope it inspires you to visit Creative Cafe and give one of Susie's wonderful projects a try!

     I started with the largest size black paper bags from Michael's and used Susie's card stock binding method to build my pages. The chipboard cover uses some Tim Holtz grungeboard and a keyhole and some decorative canvas and alpha stickers from the paper collection. I used black acrylic paint to distress the edges of my chipboard and a few of my inside pages.


   The Hocus Pocus line came with a set of super cool transparencies, so I used them to create pockets on my inside covers. I distressed the tag with coffee and let it dry overnight and used some glitter stickers from the collection. I made the paper clip with punches and my hot glue gun. Each pocket holds a whole passel of tags and photo mats with spells written by my daughters. We had so much fun thinking of "wicked" ingredients!



This page uses a couple of K & Company stickers and another decorative paper clip.


These potion stickers from K & Company have beads inside, along with things like brains and lizards and all kinds of gross goodies!


This page has a photo wallet on the left and a photo flip mat on the right that holds six 4x6 photos. I love the colors in this paper line! The skeleton and spooky sentiment are rub-ons from the paper collection.


Another fun transparency pocket cover and some more tags and spells ...


All of the envelopes have pull tags inside large enough to hold more 4x6 photos, each with a fun spell or potion on the back side. We even used some real spells from a set of kind of popular books about wizards. What's the name of that series again? 

   I can't wait to add our fun Halloween photos to this book, and since the girls had such a hand in writing the spells and potions, the book itself made some great memories. Let the wand-waving begin!   

No comments:

Post a Comment