Friday, February 24, 2012

In Love With Mini Albums

     I have to admit that the thought of making mini albums didn't appeal to me for a long time. I know they're all the rage, and many in the paper crafting universe have truly elevated them to an art form all their own. I thought they would be hard to store and really labor intensive. I was right on both counts, but once I made my first one last summer, I was hooked. I enjoy each one more than the last, and my kids ADORE them. Having something small with plenty of room for storytelling and interactive elements thrills them, and they read them over and over!


     My latest album was created with an old board book from the thrifty that I peeled and recovered with Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden paper. The theme of the album was a tea party we had one afternoon, complete with characters and accents. We had a blast!




     The cover is coated with vintage girlie goodies ... watercolored and glossed roses, "rusty" hinges, a book plate, and lots of trim. The charm is attached to the inside of the book and uses several fragments and tea-related charms and gems.




     Here are two of my favorite pages. Both have pull-out tags on both sides with journalling space on the back. I adore this paper!




     I had so much fun making this project and the memories that inspired it, and guess what? I've already started another mini album. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment