Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Sketch Challenge #4: All That Glitters!

I can't believe we're already on the fourth and final week of our November sketch challenge. I have been hosting a little contest on my crafting group's Facebook page during November, and the entries in these challenges have been phenomenal! I can't wait to give a $20 gift card away to one of the amazing members of my local crafting club at our annual weekend craft-a-thon in December!

Our final theme this week is "all that glitters," and your challenge is to use the sketch below to create a project with some sparkle using glitter, glitter glue, glitter paper, rhinestones, sequins, or any other sparkly item! This project does not have to be holiday themed.


Local craft club members will receive one entry into the drawing for using the sketch, one entry for adding sparkle to their project, and one entry for using at least one Stampin' Up product. This week you can get an additional drawing entry if you make a tag that matches your project!

Here is an example project I made over the weekend. I apologize for the poor lighting. It was cloudy and dreary all weekend!




For this card I swapped used vellum for several layers of my card and tag. The gold printed vellum is from last year's Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Stack, and the glittery deer is a PTI die from my stash. Embossing on vellum can be a great option for cards with lots of layers, so I thought I would add a layer of that as well. I love the soft pastel colors on this card/tag combo for Christmas!

I can't wait to see what you come up with this week! Wishing you all the very happiest of Thanksgivings!

No comments:

Post a Comment