Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Stamp Spritzing

Hello, friends! Fall is definitely upon us, and I have been at my craft desk lately creating some fun fall projects! I pulled out my watercolor paper and new Warmth and Cheer paper stack and created this warm and cozy card.


I used the Fall Fest stamps and dies for this project, along with one of my favorite stamping techniques for solid images. To create this pretty watercolor look, I inked up my stamps and spritzed them lightly with water before stamping onto watercolor paper. This technique creates such an artistic, soft effect!

While I was digging for paper in my file drawer, I found a pre-cut kit I had made for a Stamp Club class years ago, and it was begging to be finished! The second project uses one of my favorite past paper designs and a quilting technique.


To create the quilted panel on this card, I layered 1" squares over a piece of vanilla cardstock and then cut a label shape with my dies. I then dry embossed the whole piece, layered it over an embossed panel, and added some fussy cut leaves and a wood embellishment. 

Fall is my favorite season, and I plan to enjoy every minute! I hope you are enjoying it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment