Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My Favorite Occasions Catalog Product!

     Do you ever forget how many projects you can create using just dies? Guilty. I forget that these little gems have a life outside of just cutting out my stamped images. I fell in love with the Cups and Kettles die set in Stampin' Up's Occasions 2016 catalog at first glance and knew it had to be my first purchase. I loved the dies, but since I already own several tea and coffee themed stamp sets, I realized that this set would be useful all on its own.
    


     The first card was inspired by Melissa Phillips and uses just dies, a small sentiment from one of my other tea-themed sets, and a few little stamps from Papertrey Ink's Garden Variety set for the spines of the books. The paper was leftover from one of my favorite paper collections ever ... that has unfortunately become anonymous after living as a scrap in my box for years and years.


     The second card uses basically the same formula, with a background of resist paper that I left nearly unaltered. I added a stamped image to my kettle on this card with versamark ink and pounced gently with chalk. 

     I hope this post inspires you to comb through your die box in search of hidden treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment