Sunday, February 14, 2016

Inspired by ... Houndstooth

    I'm having lots of fun playing along with the anniversary challenges going on at Papertrey Ink's blog in my little bit of free time this week! I've been watching closely for a couple of challenges that I found particularly fun or interesting, and when I saw a challenge asking us to create a project inspired by a favorite piece of clothing, inspiration struck right away!



     I'm a fan of classic and retro clothing, so this skirt from my Pinterest board is on my must-find list. When I remembered the large houndstooth stamp in the Autumn Pattern Pieces stamp set, this card almost made itself!




     I had a terrible time getting a good photo of this card because of the lousy, dark weather here in Montana today, but playing with this pattern was tons of fun! I drew a horizontal line in pencil with a ruler to keep my pattern straight, added some gold embossing, and embellished with the beautiful flowers from the Brushed Blooms stamp set.

     I hope you have the chance to check out PTI's fun challenges and giveaways this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment