I have been coveting Papertrey Ink's Book Cover Card Die from the moment I laid eyes on it, so when it came in my latest haul, I couldn't wait to try it!
Instead of coming up with my own inspiration, I settled for Pinspiration from my constant muse, Melissa Phillips.
Just like Melissa, I used the Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie II stamps on my book cover, along with a few elements from the Book Cover Details mini stamp set. I glued my cut sentiment over a foam layer for a little added height.
As much as I enjoyed this die set, I had an issue with one of the die's design elements. Instead of scoring the book's spine, the die cuts through it nearly all the way, leaving a tiny section attached at the top and bottom. This makes the card base very unstable at the fold. I created two layers for my card and washi taped over the cuts in the spine on the inside layer for added stability. This was a moderately frustrating step when one little tweak in the design could have solved the problem completely! It would be much easier to cut a spine (one rectangular strip) than to reinforce every card base this way until the end of time. (*insert bemused smiley face here*)
Other than this one tiny complaint, I really enjoyed playing with this product and will have fun using it. It would be much easier to cut using extended cutting pads as a standard cutting pad just isn't *quite* long enough, and I ended up running all the pieces through twice.
I can't wait to add a cute bookmark using my All Booked Up stamps and dies! Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!