Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ahoy!

     I'm still working on replenishing my stash of birthday cards (especially masculine ones), so here's an idea I cased from https://crazypaperfreak.blogspot.com. She makes amazingly detailed cards, and I loved her use of the hardwood background stamp so much that I had to try it out!


     I shamelessly cased a number of elements from her original, including the color scheme for the ship and the porthole. The wood look is so fun I know I'll have to try it again soon!

     I used Early Espresso for the card base, and then stamped Early Espresso ink over Baked Brown Sugar card stock to create the planks. I sponged Bermuda Bay ink on white card stock to create the porthole and anchor and then added some splotches of Soft Suede and dark orange to create rust.

  Thanks for stopping by today, me hearties! (Yes, I am this big a dork in real life too.) See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment