Saturday, November 23, 2013

The 12 Posts of Christmas ... Post 1

  How's that for a creative title? You may have noticed that the blog has been a little stagnant lately, but that doesn't mean that I've been in zero crafting mode! I've been busy creating Christmas projects over the last few months to share with you in a special blog series. I was going to wait until December 1 to start, but I'm afraid the season is about to get super busy. I'm playing for my daughters' Christmas program this year, and I have to have 22 pieces ready to play in the next few weeks. Yikes!

  The first project I want to share here is a set of cards using my absolute FAVORITE stamp set from last year's Stampin' Up holiday catalog, Wonderful Winterland. These cards also use sentiments from the retired Snow Much Fun stamp set from Stampin' Up, the Season's Greetings stamp set from Fiskars, and papers from My Mind's Eye Merry Little Christmas 6 x 6 paper pad.

 
Aren't these little ducks just too much? The stamp only has two ducks, a mommy and baby, so I stamped two extra babies to extend my duck line. :) I colored them with Copics and added polka dots to their scarves and boots with a white gel pen, and I used Picket Fence Stickles to create the look of snow under their feet.
 
 

 
I paper pieced this little guy's snow suit and layered him over a Spellbinder's Circle and Scalloped Circle die cut.
 
 

I used some more paper piecing on this card and layered my image over a doily die from Stampin' Up.
 
 
 
This one might be my favorite! This is a fun shadow box card with a neat 3-D effect.
 
 
To create this card, I cut a hole in the top layer of my card and put my stamped image and background on the second layer inside. The hill was created with self-adhesive fabric from DCWV that I watercolored with markers and an aqua pen. The best part about this shadow box card construction is that it lays flat for easy mailing.
 
 
  Thanks for stopping by today, my friends! I'll be back in a dash with another Christmas project.

2 comments: