Monday, August 12, 2013

Thanks for the Lift

   I'm an interactive card junkie, and pop up cards are my absolute favorite! At our stamping club meeting a few months back (yes, it's been a not-too-crafty summer so far) I started this surprise pop up card using some scraps from an Echo Park summer paper collection I had almost used up. The cover of the packaging had an adorable ferris wheel graphic that was too cute to toss, so I cut it out and used it as the focal image for my card.

  The "surprise" happens when you pull the ribbon at the top to reveal the hidden message inside!



   Lest you think I make cards like this all the time, I did have to rip up the bottom tag and redo it more than once to get it right. That old adage about measuring twice and cutting once certainly applied to me in the making of this project. 

  In the end it turned out to be a light, bright, summery card, and nothing says summer like a ride to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment