Thursday, March 14, 2013

XOXOXO

  Hi, friends! Yesterday I spent a fun crafty afternoon with my sister and the girls, and we each accomplished a page for a challenge we were working on! Amazing! We hardly ever travel during school breaks, so for us these little respites are so renewing and rejuvenating. The snow is almost melted in the yard, the weather is warm, and it almost feels like spring here in Montana!

  I decided to work on a layout for a new challenge blog I've started visiting called "Scrap Your Story." The challenge this week was animals, so I pulled out this cute picture of Sophia with our cat, an adorable, extremely naughty Devon Rex named Neo. (As in Neopolitan ice cream, although he's usually referred to as "crazy kitty" or just "NO!") Despite his hard-headedness, he's been a fun addition to our family.


 I used the Crate Paper "Paper Hearts" collection for this layout, along with some vintage sheet music, the punch outs and sticker sheet from the collection, Prima flowers, Tim Holtz playing cards, Liquid Pearls, and Recollections gem flourishes. The journaling is hidden on the tag above the photo. I used my tiny attacher to staple some little banners in the upper right corner, and curled up a few edges of my background paper with spray ink. 

 I hope the animals (human and non) in your life bring you joy today! Thanks for stopping by, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So pretty, love those papers and the flower cluster is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet layout. Love the soft girlie colours. Gorgeous cluster and great photo. Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... how CUTE! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Scrap Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out! The flourish and XO added just the right touch to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete