Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Fine Spring Day

  Hey there, friends! Today I'd like to share a springy layout I made this weekend. I'm so ready for warm sunshine and flower planting, and this cheerful Country Garden paper from Bo Bunny just makes me so happy! I took these photos last year when we were decorating eggs for our family egg hunt. The girls were totally into making characters for some reason, so they made a variety of animals, along with Indiana Jones, and then Sophie dropped an egg on the table and cracked it and a whole herd of zombies were born. My girls are so goofy!


I distressed the edges of my background paper with a spray bottle and backed my main paper with some little pops of color. I layered my photos over journaling tags and created my title with stickers and rubons. (I see now that I don't have my stickers quite straight. Argh!) I painted a chippie from Leaky Shed bright green, and added some butterflies I fussy cut from the paper collection. I originally hand wrote my journaling right under my title, but I totally messed it up and had to add the horizontal green and orange strip to cover it up. This layout had a few walk-away-and-take-a-deep-breaths, that's for sure!


My journaling now lives on a little yellow tag that pulls out from behind the top photo with room for a wallet size pic of the girls' zombie creations. (*Sigh and grin*) My sweet little girls.


I haven't done a single chore all weekend, so I better get at it before the day is done! Have a lovely week, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha That makes me laugh thinking back to those eggs! Seriously those girls are hilarious! I love the butterflies and bright colors in this layout!

    ReplyDelete