Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Creative Sketches December Challenge

  What a glorious weekend I've had! I got to scrap for four hours yesterday, and that seriously made my whole Christmas vacation! Even if I don't get to break out the cutter for the rest of the break, I feel totally scrapbook-zen. 

  The hubby and I undertook the monumental task of kitchen cleaning for our big Christmas baking day tomorrow, and it's so nice to have all the little chores done before the holiday so we can just enjoy being together. Ahhh ....

  Anyway, I got to play yesterday with the December sketch from My Creative Sketches, and as soon as I saw the banners I knew exactly what paper collection and photo I wanted to use!


  Here's the sketch:



And here's my take on it:



  This paper collection (Harvest Time by Simple Stories) came in my My Creative Scrapbook kit for November, and I plan to make a mini album with it as well since the collection has so many cute little elements. The layout is fairly simple: Just some fussy cutting and a few flowers and other goodies from Little Yellow Bicycle. I wanted the photo of my daughters to really shine since it's such a real, everyday photo with such great memories.

  I had two pictures with a related subject, so I decided to make a second layout to compliment the first. I wanted to complete the "Hello Fall" banner title on the second page, so I used a sketch from Page Maps for my second layout. 

Here's that sketch:


And here's my take:


  This layout is super clean with more Simple Stories scraps, a page from the summer collection for the background and some more flowers from Little Yellow Bicycle. 

 I hope your holiday season is full of joy wherever you are. Wishing you many blessings, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts! The papers and photos are perfect for the sketches!! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful my dear sweet friend!! Your girls are growing up so fast!! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts. Love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your simple clean layout of your girls! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete