Monday, December 3, 2012

Making Mittens!

  I absolutely ADORE the new Make a Mitten stamp set from Stampin' Up, and I've used it for nearly 20 projects already this holiday season. I made a giant stack of gift card holders for all my nieces and nephews and a number of Christmas cards, so my stamp set is looking well-used already!

  This card is cased from the holiday mini catalog:


 As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to make all my cards really flat this year, so I keep having to resist the urge to embellish my head off! 

 I cut my card base from Baja Breeze and cut a strip of Snow Festival DSP for my background. I stamped images from Make a Mitten in Rose Red, Lucky Limeade and Baja Breeze and then clear embossed the snowflakes and sponged over them with Baja Breeze. The mittens were stamped in the same three colors and punched out. A few pop dots, one sentiment (from the retired set called Bright Christmas), and a piece of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine later ... a simple card was born!

 This is a fun project I hope you'll try. The colors are bright and cheerful, and the mittens can be used for a variety of winter projects. Happy stamping!

1 comment: