Sunday, August 19, 2012

You're My Type

     One of my favorite ways to make my stash go further is to use my stamps to create my own patterned paper. For this card, I used the feather image from my SU Established Elegance stamp set to create a repeated pattern on a plain piece of Daffodil Delight card stock. A stamp positioning tool is definitely your best friend on a project like this!



For the main image on this project, I stamped the typewriter onto a sticky note and cut it out, then positioned the mask on my ivory card stock before stamping the alphabet. Then I removed the mask and stamped the typewriter in the masked area. 

I used a similar process for the card below using a damask background stamped in Pear Pizzazz. This process allows you to create the perfect paper using an inexpensive neutral card base.


I hope you'll try creating your own background paper ... it's a fun, easy, and inexpensive tool to add to your card-making arsenal. Thanks for stopping by, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment