Saturday, July 7, 2012

Stampin' Trends #2

     Hi, friends! I'm back today to share the second installment in my Stampin' Trends series. If you missed the first post, Stampin' Trends recreates trendy published cards and projects using only Stampin' Up products. I'd like to encourage you to use what you have in your favorite product line by thinking outside the box!


     Today's card by Sarah Martina Parker be found on page 66 of the May/June issue of Paper Crafts magazine, entitled "Little Lady Card." This adorable card has a cowgirl theme and uses some pretty unusual colors: pink and gold!  Since Stampin' Up doesn't make a stamp set with a cowgirl theme, I made my example into a tea-themed card.


     I used Naturals Ivory Card Stock for my base and inset. To create the inset pattern, I cut a doily using the Large Doily Sizzlets Die and pounced through it with white acrylic paint. To create the patterned paper, I used the Everything Eleanor Stamp Set with Blushing Bride and Rose Red Classic Ink and the More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker. I spritzed the whole piece lightly with water to blur the images and then cut and embossed the edge with the scalloped Edgelits Die and Embossing Folder. 

     I stamped the central image on Whisper White with Rose Red Ink and my More Mustard Marker and cut it out with a Framelits Die. I used the next larger sized die to cut the More Mustard back piece, which I then embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. I used a Very Vanilla Craft Ink pad to highlight the raised portions. To embellish I used the last of my Stampin' Up Twill Tape (boo hoo!) which I lightly dyed with Blushing Bride ink. The flowers were punched with the Boho Blossoms Punch in More Mustard and crinkled with water. I tied a fussy cut tea cup to my bow with Linen Thread. 

     I have to say, this is one of my fave Stampin' Up cards ever! I wouldn't have put these colors together without some major inspiration. I love learning from other amazing stampers like Sarah!

     I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of fun and family! Thanks for stopping by, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment