Sunday, June 3, 2012

Creative Elements and Favorites Revisited

     Hey, friends! This week I broke out some of my SU goodies and worked up a few exclusively SU cards to display at an upcoming show. Sometimes it's hard to limit myself to one product line, but I've found that I'm sometimes less overwhelmed with creativity when I have some guidelines to follow. 
   
     My newest stash addition is a set called Creative Elements. I used this set to work up a bright, fun and summery birthday pocket card using white, daffodil delight, rich razzleberry, certainly celery, and my all-time favorite color, pool party. 





I made a cute bookmark for a card stuffer for a later project as well:


This set is so versatile. I know I'll use it a lot!

     Next I broke out my tried-and-true fallback set for all elegant cards: Artistic Etchings. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to create the background paper on this one as well. SU doesn't carry a gray ribbon right now, so this is some Offray that I found at Joann Fabrics. I embossed the Eiffel Tower in black and used crumb cake and cherry cobbler inks to create a simple collage. This card was inspired by one of my favorite YouTube SU demonstrators, Joan. Here's a link to her channel.


My last card this week is a simple Father's Day card. I created a mixed pastel background and then stamped the tree image (from Lovely as a Tree) over the top for a messy watercolor effect. This would look even cooler with the image embossed in black over the top, I think. I'll try that next time.



Hope your weekend has been truly wonderful! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment