Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Best Bunnies

    Six months in, and I'm still LOVING my subscription to My Creative Scrapbook! I've loved every kit so far, but I think January's has to be my favorite with its Winterland goodies in my all-time color picks of pink and robin's egg blue. We've had almost no snow this winter in Montana, which is not only weird and disconcerting; it's made for a sad lack of wintery photos for scrapbooking. For this layout, I chose an indoor shot with the Christmas tree in the background, which is really the only clue that there was a winter here at all!



Here are a few details:


I dyed the canvas flower with Worn Lipstick Distress ink and attached a pearl to the center. The rolled roses are vintage Christmas music, and the wooden snowflake was covered with tissue paper for texture and glittered to make it extra sparkly. The leaves are die cut book paper.


This page commemorates my daughter's special relationship with her favorite stuffed animal, and I wanted to title the page without making the text overwhelming. This image from SU's new Apothecary Art stamp set and Framelits Die fit the bill perfectly! The faux stitching was done with brown marker and a white gel pen. I think I'll be using this technique a lot!

This week I'm enjoying a little extra free time during Spring Break, so hopefully I'll have more projects to post soon. Thanks for stopping by, my friends!

2 comments: