Sunday, February 5, 2012

Scrapping Like Mad!

     I've enjoyed my subscription to My Creative Scrapbook absolutely beyond words! Something about having  a gorgeous kit arrive every month keeps me inspired to create more consistently, even when I'm using other things from my stash and not just my kits. 

     This week I worked up a couple of school themed layouts. I bought Graphic 45's ABC Primer Line ages ago and finally found "the" photo for it. This layout is about a special themed story my daughter wrote made up of several adorable installments. I created a folder pocket on the adjoining page so I can keep copies of her story as she writes them.





     For the second set, I used some of Stampin' Up's retired Designer Paper (Play Date) to create a couple of fun and bold pages. I love the bold primary colors in this set of paper, and a few Lime Ricky accents I had left over fit right into the color theme.






     The simple, rather unembellished style of these pages pushed me a little outside my usual comfort zone, but  I've kept my resolution thusfar to journal on every page. 

     Hope you all have a wonderful week filled with joy and family!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages!! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages! Thanks for taking part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pages look great! Great idea to create the pocket! Well done for trying to journal more! I so need to do the same LOL! Thanx for playing at MCS!

    ReplyDelete