Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Clean and Simple Santa

I do my very best to send handmade cards to everyone on my list at Christmas. After all, what could be sillier for an avid card maker than sending commercially printed Christmas cards? I finally tallied up my list of recipients, and I have about half of what I need. I tend to make pretty involved projects, so I needed a clean and simple card that will be quick to reproduce for the other half of my mailing list. Pinterest to the rescue!

I found a basic layout I liked and then set about adapting it with supplies I have on hand. I like how this quick and easy project turned out!



I stamped this vintage Santa image from Tim Holtz in Versamark ink and then heat embossed in detail black embossing powder. Using a Tim Holtz stencil, I created the plaid pattern over the top by sponging Barn Door and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks over part of the image. A sheet music paper envelope finished this 5 minute project off.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment