Monday, November 26, 2018

Winter Woods

The new bundle from Stampin' Up called Winter Woods has some absolutely lovely winter images that I couldn't wait to use on my Christmas projects. Having lived in Montana for most of my life, I find myself drawn to peaceful, snow covered scenes. They are so familiar!

For my first project, I wanted to create a soft, misty scene, and vellum is always perfect for the job! 


This clean and simple card was super easy to create! I started by stamping the pine tree in Shaded Spruce ink all over the background, with some images full strength and some stamped off for some color variation. This background needed a little life, so I grabbed a silhouette stamp from my Papertrey Ink In the Meadow stamp set and added this little bunny with black ink. 


I cut a piece of vellum slightly larger than my front card panel to avoid any adhesive showing through. After stamping this gorgeous swirly sentiment in Versamark and heat embossing it in gold, I folded the vellum over the top and bottom of my card panel and adhered it on the back side. (I found this lovely sentiment stamp at my local thrift store for less than $1.00!) I layered a stitched hillside die from Lawn Fawn over the base panel, along with a die cut pine tree in Shaded Spruce. This whole clean and simple project took less than 20 minutes to complete!

For my second project, I wanted to create something REALLY sparkly! I found a cool YouTube video created by Jan Brown with a great idea for making super sparkly cards, so I thought I would give it a try! (Check out Jan's video here.) 


I started this project exactly like the first, substituting the bare branch trees from Winter Woods stamped in Smoky Slate ink. I stamped a few pine trees over the top in Shaded Spruce, and I added a deer silhouette in black, again from Papertrey Ink's In the Meadow stamp set. I tore a strip of white card stock to serve as a snowy hillside and layered it over my background.

Then the magic happened! I cut a sheet of double sided adhesive paper about 1/4" larger on all sides than my card panel to make the whole front sticky. (Jan has great step by step instructions in her video!) I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds all over the front of the card, and WOW does it shine! My pictures can't quite do it justice.


This card does shed a little bit of glitter, but I found that layering the adhesive release paper back over the panel and running my brayer over the top made most of the glitter hold tight! I added some soft organza ribbon and a round sentiment to the lower left corner to finish this project off.

I hope that you are surrounded by warmth wherever you find yourself! Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment