Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Nuts About You

     I've been working on a few Valentine's Day projects lately, and I must include a card for the special guy in my life! Matt and I are coming up on our 17th anniversary this spring, and my jelly bean loving best guy pal needs to be remembered on V-day too!

     I have had the Nuts About You hostess set from Stampin' Up for ages and never used it. I guess I sometimes have a hard time figuring out what to do with solid "cartoony" images, even when they are as adorable as this one! I completely copied this project from Pinterest, and I am grateful to Kimberly Van Diupen for the inspiration.

     I had tons of fun recreating a version of Kimberly's card, along with a "hang in there" variation using the cute little opossum that also comes in the set.


    
     The most (and only) frustrating part of this project was trying to figure out how to make my leaves green and my tree trunk brown since the stamp is all one image. Markers gave a really streaky effect, so I tried inking up the whole stamp in brown, wiping off the brown on the leaves, and then coloring them with a green marker. This still gave a dull effect until I remembered to use Stampin' Up cardstock with my Stampin' Up inks. It really does make a difference!

  I hope winter is passing quickly and uneventfully wherever you are! I'm already antsy for spring even though we have a long way to go here in the north. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment