Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Folk Art Fox

   Today I'd like to share an easy and fun technique for adding a folk art feel to your cards using symmetrical stamping.

    I created this simple card using the Good Times stamp set from My Mind's Eye, the fox from Love You to Pieces from Papertrey Ink, the Book Cover Details stamp set from Papertrey Ink, the small circle from the Rosie Posie set from Papertrey Ink, and a sentiment from Stampin Up's retired set, Notably Ornate.

  

     I started by stamping the leaf garland from the MME set in green, curving the stamp slightly to create a more rounded garland shape. To make this technique work, follow the rule, "whatever you do to one side, do to the other."  I built on the image with the orange flowers from the MME set and the blue swirl from PTI Book Cover Details. I added a few spots using the small circle from PTI's Rosie Posie stamp set, and finally, I stamped the cute fox from Love You to Pieces in the center. I used an old sentiment from Stampin' Up's Notably Ornate stamp set to complete my project.

    I think this card turned out to be an adorable quirky mish-mash, and in my mind, that's just right! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment