Sunday, February 15, 2015

Envelope Pocket Card

One of the best parts of Stampin' Up's new envelope punch board is using it to make unique card designs! I originally saw this card design on Caroline van der Straaten's blog, and I have had a lot of fun playing with the basic concept! I created two variations using the Four Feathers and Flower Patch stamp sets.

 

To create my envelope pocket card, I created a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 envelope and taped down two opposite edges. The pocket is created by attaching the remaining flaps together. The pocket insert measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, fitting perfectly into the altered envelope. I embellished the outside and inside with a variety of feathers and a button that I rolled on my Versamark pad and heat embossed in gold.

Here is another variation on the same design in softer colors using the Best Year Ever Designer Paper from the current Sale-a-bration promotion. I ADORE the colors in this paper!


 
I hope you'll try this fun technique!

2 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I'd love to learn how to make them at one of our Friday classes! :)

    ReplyDelete