Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cricut Casing with Monique Griffith Designs

  Ever since I got my Cricut in 2010, I've struggled to make Cricut cuts "work" in my page designs. Granted, as a beginning scrapbooker, I didn't have a grasp of what my style really was, but I did know what I liked, and I found that I didn't like a lot of the projects out there that used Cricut cuts. Many are clean and simple, which I appreciate but just isn't "me," many are really cutesy (also not exactly me), and I struggled to make the images come to visual life in a way that appealed to me.

  About a year ago, I stumbled upon Monique Griffith's blog. Her page designs appealed to me in a way that many others haven't, and I find them just so charming! She finds a way to ground her cuts in a larger story, makes them visually interesting with patterned papers and textures, and fills her pages with lots of detail. When I saw her pattern for a layout using the Country Life cartridge, I knew exactly how I wanted to scrap my latest batch of farm pictures!

 

 
Designs like Monique's have many elements that appeal to me. They are visually interesting and colorful, they tell a larger story, and they are detailed. I love anything miniature and always have, and her layouts always seem like they are about to come to life!
 

 
I had so much fun cutting and assembling this layout, and I appreciate Monique's inspiration! If you have a moment, I encourage you to visit her blog for some wonderful design ideas and patterns!
 
Cartridges used:
Country Life, Mini Monsters, and Nate's ABC's

No comments:

Post a Comment