Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Twelve Posts of Christmas ... Post 4

  Hello, friends! Welcome back for another fun Christmas project! Today I want to share a Christmas card I created with scraps and some of my favorite Tim Holtz dies.
 
 
To create this card, I layered some scraps of Stampin' Up DSP over an Early Espresso card base and added a layer of twill ribbon and a glitter stamped Top Note label. Then I die cut the reindeer and ran him through the Big Shot using my woodgrain embossing folder. I embellished the card with some hand-dyed seam binding ribbon, a felt rose, and a rolled pine cone and holly leaves. I finished the pine cone off with some liquid applique for a snowy look.
 

 
 
For an extra special touch, I stamped the inside of the card and the envelope with pine branches and pine cones. I had such a good time creating this rustic card! 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments: